Interior white paneling on Frances 26

Share and discuss.

Moderator: admin

Tom B

Post by Tom B »

I am curious what is used to cover the bulkheads and cabinets. Is it Formica or some other laminate? Maybe fiberglass?

Is it a high gloss or a matte finish?

Thank you!
stevebncanoe

Post by stevebncanoe »

Mine appears to be a formica like laminate over a plywood base. Some of it is scratched and dirty looking and i am trying to work out a way of getting it off the plywood base and having an alternative finish.
bswayze

Re: Interior white paneling on Frances 26

Post by bswayze »

It doesn't look like you ever got an answer. Did you ever find a solution? I just bought May, a 1982 Morris Frances 26, hull #31. The interior needs a repaint. I would love to know if anyone has the paint manufacturer, type of paint and color, so I get it right the first time.

Thanks,

Bobby
ebee4

Post by ebee4 »

Hey Bobby,
Did you get on with your painting project? I now own Seabird hull number 17 renamed Little Bird. She is perfect in so many respects. Mark, the previous owner put a lot of love into. Still, there are some interior ply areas that have checked and I plan to refinish in the Fall. Got pics of your project?
My boat is here:

www.LingeringLunacy.com

Best Regards-
Eddie
bswayze

Post by bswayze »

Eddie:

I am soooo sorry just getting to responding to your question. Love your video work. On the interior, we sprayed Algrip in Oyster White. It looks like a perfect match to the existing paint, which was in fair condition. We did not paint the sections in the rear galley that were covered in white linoleum. We painted the bilges with white Bilgekote. The exterior green toe stripe was painted with Alcraft, since it is repairable.

I am probably a month or two from posting a full review. I am inquiring how to make my photo files acceptable to the site. In the meantime, send me an email at swayzebob@gmail.com & I will send you some pics.

Bobby