Just bought a Frances 26

Meet and greet, tell us something about your yacht.

Moderator: admin

Jill

Just bought a Frances 26

Post by Jill »

Hi All, my name is Bill Robinson, and I have just bought a Frances 26, that I have not seen, and do not know when I will be able to take possession. The boat is in Singapore, and due to Covid travel restrictions, there is currently no way that I can get to her. Starting to plan the upgrades though, and ordering some equipment.
Asyouwish

Re: Just bought a Frances 26

Post by Asyouwish »

Congratulations! Have you taken possession yet?

Where do you plan to sail her?

I had one for 26 years and wish I had her back as I'm looking to downsize in the next few years as I approach the golden years. 😳

Brian
Jill

Re: Just bought a Frances 26

Post by Jill »

I finally managed to get Jill, my Frances 26 out of Singapore. My first voyage was a single handed passage of 450nm up to Langkawi in Malaysia. I am very happy with the boat, and have re registered, and renamed her “Inyoni”, which is the Zulu word for little bird. I have started the upgrades, first a new Optimus 155 kerosene, stove, a Navik wind vane, and a Beta Marine 16 HP engine. New tan bark sails are on order, plus a windlass and a Spade anchor.
I have a second, spare, rebuilt Navik for sale if anyone is interested, as I bought two in New Zealand and refurbished both of them.