Frances 26 owners.

Meet and greet, tell us something about your yacht.

Moderator: admin

stevebncanoe

Post by stevebncanoe »

Ok let me be the first to post a
dkgibbons

Post by dkgibbons »

Steve,
Your post is truncated. When did you get your Francis and what is her name? I just sold my Nic 35 and will begin trolling for a Francis shortly.
Dennis Gibbons
stevebncanoe

Post by stevebncanoe »

I just noticed that---how very strange. In the post that i wrote up i talked about the whole finding and buying of my boat. Basically i only ought my frances last year from an owner on the west coast of scotland--name of duanach 2 and i think is frances no 26.
dkgibbons

Post by dkgibbons »

Congratulations. Be sure and provide pictures and description for this site. Is yours Morris built or Victoria built? I assume you are not here in the US
Dennis
stevebncanoe

Post by stevebncanoe »

I believe the boat to be a morris--in fact i have just noticed a few pictures have been posted under her new name ie "WABI".
Home is the south west uk-just outside plymouth.
dkgibbons

Post by dkgibbons »

Steve,
If you contact Morris, I am sure they will confirm that if it is true. Boat looks beautiful
stevebncanoe

Post by stevebncanoe »

Thanks--i intend to send in a bunch of photos of the boat as i bought her and then do a before and after as i get to jobs.
At the moment the boatyard are making and fitting new main and forward hatches which will considerably improve the appearance.
Quite funny in a way that what i was expecting was good workmanship but "plain and simple" in terms of style--what they have done is turned out really nice looking traditional woodwork. The chief chippie even declared that as it is a pretty boat its getting pretty hatches. Cant defeat gravity i guess !!.

I have just had a pretty horrible days work in that i needed to rub down all of the deckhead paint which was all flaking off---spent most of 2 days scraping,hand sanding and then machine sanding and then washing the whole boat out.
Annoyingly when i went out to the yard yestaerday to open up and air her out i still found lots of small lifting 'micro edges" where paint is still lifting and flaking.
josephine

Post by josephine »

to all frances26-cutter owners:in changing a little bit my sails/rigg I would like to learn a bit of your experiences concerning the mast rake. How many degrees are you using ? (3 til 5 ?)
Tobias/FrancesJosephine
chrislott

Re: New Frances 26

Post by chrislott »

Please see pictures of my newly acquired 1994 Victoria built Frances 26 Louise, Looking forward to sailing her to my home port Sovereign Harbour Eastbourne from Ipswich (UK) in April
Frances 26 Louise.png
IMGP0884.jpg
IMGP0892.jpg
IMGP08961.jpg
IMGP08931.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.