New hatch for Wildwood

Share and discuss.

Moderator: admin

Jay

New hatch for Wildwood

Post by Jay »

Wanted to share some pictures of my new mahogany fwd hatch. The old plexiglass was tired (but still functionally perfect after 40 years) and it was time for a change...which definitely will require a sunbrella cover ( now being made) . My woodworker buddy in VT did a beautiful job and my sincere thanks to Mark ( Seabird's captain) for donating the perfect vintage dead light.
It's well below zero here on Lake Ontario so I'm not exactly rushing to climb aboard to see how it looks.
Happy New Year to all.
Jay
Sackets Harbor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
admin
Site Admin

Re: New hatch for Wildwood

Post by admin »

Wow, nice work!
nagamo

Re: New hatch for Wildwood

Post by nagamo »

Looks great - super job!

I'm wondering - speaking of hatches - if you'd mind posting some pictures of your companionway sliding hatch cover? I've just purchased a Frances 26, and it had lost it's companionway cover when the previous owner had transported it to the boatyard. I'm trying to build one from scratch with no drawings, and I'm a little puzzled how the aft edge (fitting over the companionway boards) is constructed. Anything you might provide by way of photos that might help explain would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!