Sails availabe to a good hoome

Frances 26 for sale, wanted. Parts and pieces.

Moderator: admin

truant

Sails availabe to a good hoome

Post by truant »

I spent the past year on a complete restoration of Truant (I'll try to post some photos). Among other things she has a rebuilt rig and new sails. I have an older main sail, working jib, and 130 genoa which I would be happy to make available to a good home. The sails were built by legendary sail maker Nathaniel Wilson. The sails obviously don't have the crispness of a new laminate, but are in good condition and are classics.

If you could use them, let me know. Best.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
itchen

Re: Sails availabe to a good hoome

Post by itchen »

Hello Truant,

Congrats on your Frances. Anxious to see some pics. I looked at the boat in MD several years back. Glad she found a good home. Where will you sail her? I am down on the Rappahannock River in the Kilmarnock area. I also found my Frances at a marina in MD across the bay from
Truant ..Cutts and Case.

Good luck and good sailing.

Mark
SV "Seabird" :D
Waterstar

Post by Waterstar »

Hello Truant , Just purchased Frances 26 " Peregrine " from my neighbor up here on Cape Cod. She was purchased as a bare hull by a gentleman from Connecticut in the seventies, finished and launched by him in 1980. I purchased her from my elderly neighbor last year after the old Volvo finally quit on him a few years ago, I have been replacing rigging, halyards and sheet and life lines the past year, now stripping and repainting the bottom, like the engine, the sails are original and probably have less than one season left to them, if that. I would deeply appreciate the opportunity to acquire the sails. Congratulations on your restoration, its wonderful to hear that the future of another one of these great little ships has been assured. Thank you, Waterstar.
itchen

Post by itchen »

Hello Truant

Any pictures you can post of your progress ?

Thanks
Mark SV Seabird :D