Builder: Morris Yachts
Designer: C.W. Paine
Current Price: $49,000
Located in Bass Habor, ME
Builder: Morris Yachts Designer: C.W. Paine
LOA: 26' LWL: 21' 3" Beam: 8'
Displacement: 6,800 Draft: 3' 10" Ballast: 3,500
Engine(s): Volvo Engine(s) HP: MD6A
Fuel: 12 Water: 20
Builder: Morris Designer: C. W. Paine
LOA: 26' Beam: 8' Displacement: 8000 lbs
Engine(s): Johnson Engine(s) HP: 9 Engine Model: Sailmaster
VHF: Standard Horizon Yeoman Chart kit: hardwired from Garmin GPS75 Depth & Speed/log: KVH Datamarine GPS: Garmin 76 C.A.R.D. Marine radar detector
Rewired in 1998 4 solar panels, very flat Batteries: 2 105 amp/hr deep cycle
Fiberglass over plywood
COMMENTS: This lovely Morris Frances is in wonderful condition. The cabin house version allows standing headroom. The light and airy interior gives considerable space for a 26' boat and sleeps four adults. Built tough and seaworthy, the Frances is in extremely high demand. Rachael has seen many recent upgrades and is in great shape. Available immediately.
Starting in the bow is a large storage area including access to the anchor rode, and storage shelves. Next aft are two bunks (to port and starboard) with a Port-a-potty under a cover between the berths. To port is a solid fuel burning stove and just inboard a gimbaled alcohol cookstove. To starboard is an icebox and sink with storage outboard in lockers. Aft are two quarterberths with storage over. There are various storage lockers under the berths.
• Solid fiberglass hull
• External lead ballast
• Black hull with gold whale stripe (Awlgripped 2004).
• Interior overhead is painted white.
• Cetol exterior teak.
• Bronze chocks, cleats, portlights, thru hulls,
• Fir ceiling.
• Volvo MD6A.
• Fresh water cooled.
• Professionally maintained.
• Stainless steel sink
• Foot pump
• 2-burner gimbaled alcohol cookstove (1992)
• Large storage lockers.
• External Rudder
• 2 Batteries (Trojan deep cycle, group 24)
• 1-2-Both switch
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION
• VHF – West Marine 500DSC
• Horizon depth sounder
• Platimo bulkhead mounted compass
• Mainsail & Cover (2005)
• Club footed self tacking Jib & Cover
• Aluminum mast (All hardware removed and Awlgripped 2003)
• Boom and self-tacking Jib Club (Awlgripped 2003)
• Stainless steel 1 x 19 wire.
• New Halyards (2005)
• Lazy Jacks (2005)
• Cabin lights
• Compass light
• Search light
• 12lb Danforth with chain and rode.
• Solid fuel burning stove.
• Various dock lines, fenders, life jackets.