26' Morris Yachts Frances
Boat Name: Truant
Current Price: US$ 54,000
Located in Friendship, MD
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Engine/Fuel Type: Single Diesel
Builder: Morris Yachts (Hull, Deck, bulkheads, etc)
Designer: Chuck Paine
Maximum Draft: 3'10"
Displacement: 6,800 lbs.
Ballast: 3,400 lbs Ext. Lead
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 1 GM
Fuel Tanks: 6 Galllons
Water: 25 Gallons
Holding Tanks: Yes
Hull & Deck
* Hand Layed solid fiberglass deck and hull.
* White hull with green boot and whale stripe.
* Forward hatch.
* Two fixed portlights.
* Opening portlight on fwd end of cabin.
* Sikkens gloss on exterior wood (updated fall 2009).
* Non-skid decks.
* Tiller steering.
* Sail locker in starboard seat.
NOTE: Truant recieved a complete mechanical overhaul in 2009. Both the engine and transmission were completely removed from boat, rebuilt, repainted, and reinstalled. The engine and bilge area were degreased and cleaned. The following components were replaced with new: engine mounts, shaft, coupling, cutlass bearing, three bladed prop, fuel pump. The PYI shaft seal was updgraded.
* Yanmar 1GM Marine diesel. (Rebuilt 2009)
* Transmission. (Rebuilt 2009)
* Racor fuel filter.
* Shaft. (New 2009)
* PYI Dripless shaft seal. (upgraded 2009)
* Three bladed prop. (new 2009)
* White interior with varnished mahogany trim.
* Light pine hull ceilings.
* Mahogany cabin sole.
* 3 Bunks (two forward and quarterberth).
* Enclosed head to starboard. (installed by Morris Yachts 1993)
* Custom mahogany main cabin table.
* Counter area to port with storage in lockers outboard.
* Sink and icebox to starboard forward of head with hand pump on counter.
* Solar vent.
Electronics, Communications, & Navigation
* Horizon VHF.
* Datamarine depthsounder.
* Standard speed/log.
* (2) 12-Volt batteries with 1-2-both switch.
* 110 AC shore power. 1993
* Battery charger. 1993
* Tri-color masthead light.
* Foredeck light.
* Steaming light.
Spars and Rigging
* Keel stepped aluminum spar.
* SS wire rigging (professionally inspected recently).
* Sloop rigged.
* Lewmar winches on mast (main #6, jib #7)
* Barlow #20 primary winches.
* Mainsail with two reefs and green cover.
* 130% Genoa.
* Working jib.
Anchoring & Mooring
* 15# CQR Anchor.
* 25' of 3/8" chain and 100' of 1/2" nylon rode.
* Flotation cushions.
* Electric bilge pump with float switch. (2007)
* Manual bilge pump.
* Single lifelines.
* Fire extinguisher.
* (2) Kerosene lamps.
* Boat hook.
* Screens for main hatch.