6' Morris Yachts Frances
Current Price: US$ 57,000
Located in Noank, CT
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Engine/Fuel Type: Single Diesel
This wonderful Morris Frances was purchased by Tom Morris (Morris Yachts founder) in 2001 and was given a complete overhaul by Tom before he singlehanded her down the East Coast over the course of the winter. The current owner has enjoyed Tom's improvements to the boat and has added some of his own. The Frances 26 in general, and Wildwood specifically, has held an important place in the history of the Company and Tom Morris. Don't miss this opportunity to join the Morris family.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Morris Yachts
Designer: C.W. "Chuck" Paine
Dimensions: LOA: 26' LWL: 21'3" Beam: 8'2"
Displacement: 6800 lbs.
Ballast: 3400 lbs external lead
Engine(s): Nanni (2001) Engine(s) HP: 10 Engine Model: Two Cylinder Diesel
Fuel: 12 Gallons
Water: 25 Gallons - SS
Holding: Yes - Bladder
Hull & Deck
* Hand layed-up solid fiberglass hull.
* White deck of one-piece fiberglass with contrasting beige non-skid.
* Dark green Awlgripped hull with white whale stripe. (2001)
* Companionway hatch seahood replaced. 2001
* (4) Bronze opening ports.
* (2) 4" Dorade ventilators. (2001)
* Single lifelines with stern rail.
* Bottom stripped and faired. (2001)
* Keel custom modified. (2001)
* Three berths.
* Six foot headroom in main salon.
* Drop leaf main cabin table.
* Wallas 1300 BTU forced hot air heating system. (2001)
* Galley aft to port and starboard.
* Deep sink.
* Origo 2 burner stove.
* Built-in ice chest.
* Cork lined lockers.
* Pine hull sheathing.
* Varnished mahogany cabin sides.
* Cushions and covers. (2001)
* Marine head with holding tank and Y-valve.
* Lee Cloth on Starboard bunk.
* Port and starboard sail locker.
* Lazarette locker.
* Tiller steering.
* Seahood (Dodger)
* Nanni 10hp diesel engine (2 cylinder). (2001)
* Bronze prop.
* 1" shaft.
* 12 volt system.
* 110 volt battery charger.
* Circuit breaker panel. (2001)
* (2) Group 24 Deep Cycle Batteries. (2007, 2008)
Sails & Canvas
* North full batten mainsail. (2002)
* North 110% furling jib. (2002)
* Clark spinnaker. (2002)
* Clark Spinnaker sock. (2002)
* Storm jib (Staysail)
* Mainsail cover. (2003)
* Canvas covers for Hatch, Handrails, Tiller, Winches, Dorages.
* Awlgripped aluminum spars (Mast & boom hardware stripped and spars painted 2001).
* Stainless wire rigging. (2001)
* Halyards (2008) led to cabintop.
* Furlex roller furler for headsail.
* Harken main sheet traveler incorporated into stern rail. (2001)
* Removable inner forestay.
* Spinaker pole - Forespar.
* Boomvang - Forespar.
Electronics and Navigation
* Furuno GPS.
* Icom VHF radio (IC-M402).
* Autohelm 4000.
* Depth sounder - Datamarine. (new transducer 2003)
* Speed - Datamarine.
* (2) Lewmar #16 self tailing headsail winches.
* (2) Barient 2sp halyard winches.
* CQR - 25#
* Fortress anchor - danforth type FX-11.
* (2) Fire extinguishers.
* Ship's bell.
* Orion flare package.
* (4) Life jackets.
* Dock lines.
* Fenders w/covers.
* Fender board.
* Ensign with flagstaff.
* Swim/boarding ladder - stainless.
* Spare tiller. (2009)
* (2) Oil lamps.
* Tea pot.